Marriage is an institution between one man and one women
- The concept of not denying people their right unless you can show compelling reason to do so is the basis of the American ideal of human rights.
- As we have learned in class, views are always shifting, as a country we must learn to adapt to changing environments.
Marriage is for procreation.
- What about love?
Same-sex couples are not a good environment to raise children in
- Says who? There is no research thus far supporting this claim.
- All children need are positive role models
Gay relationships are immoral
- Once again, separation of church and state......
Gay sex is unnatural-it is a perversion
- homosexual behavior has actually been observed in many animals
- Homosexuality is multi-dimensional, and is much more about love and affection than it is about sex.
Gay people "might recruit."
- The fear of recruitment is based on a false premise
- Sexual orientation is inborn
- Therefore the notion that one be changed from strait to gay is quite unlikely